Health and Fitness have always been a passion for Aine Farrell. At the age of 20 she had surgery for a total hip replacement. Her teenage years were spent mostly in plaster, on crutches and in traction to correct a hip fracture from a horse riding accident at age 12. A hip replacement could have been an excuse; however it propelled Aine to explore the possibilities of what she could do rather than what she couldn’t.
It was during extensive rehabilitation that Aine discovered how training could help strengthen her hip and with the guidance of a trainer, Aine was hooked. This was the start of an amazing journey and so Aine began to study health, fitness and nutrition which has led to an exciting career as a Personal Fitness Trainer, Remedial Massage Therapist and Healthy food coach in Australia and for numerous years in the U.S.A and the U.K where Aine has worked as a Private Health and Fitness Trainer to high profile clients in the music and entertainment industry.
Aine has over the years contributed to Media Publications such as newspapers, various magazines and radio all in the area of health and fitness. With a busy and successful Fitness Club on the south Coast of NSW, Aine and the Velocity team take a ‘no – nonsense’ approach to training and nutrition, preach what they practice and are committed to investing in further education which is why they continue to get real results with clients.
- Certified Fitness Trainer
- Bioprint Practitioner (Charles Poliquin)
- Precision Nutrition Certified Coach
- AMT certification (Applied muscle testing)
- Dip Remedial Massage
- Certified Nutrition and Sports specific Nutrition
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Thump – Level 2 Boxing Coach
- Certified Pre and Post Natal Instructor
- Certified Motivational Techniques Coach
- Rip 60 suspension training certification
- Freelance writer (health and fitness)
RECENT INTERNSHIPS AND EDUCATION
- Internship Enterprise Fitness Melbourne VIC
- Training the female physique competitor – Enterprise Fitness Melbourne VIC
- Modern trends in body composition seminar – Charles Poliquin Melbourne VIC
- Andre Benoit Hypertrophy Academy (Canadian Centre for strength and conditioning) Enterprise Fitness Melbourne VIC
- Program design series – Poliquin Education group
- Wolfpack class of 2016 – Elite business mentorship program
- Wolfpack class of 2017 – Elite business mentorship program
Kean has been a qualified personal trainer for six years commencing his career at Velocity in 2011. Over the past four years Kean has operated his own personal training business in Melbourne as well as being the Health and Fitness practitioner for Albert Park Golf Academy in Melbourne.
Kean’s main interests apart from Health and Fitness are surfing, snorkeling, rugby league and golf. Kean is a Liverpool supporter for the English premier league, loves reading, playing guitar, good coffee and walks with his family.
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Personal Training
- Enterprise Fitness Internship Melbourne 2014
- Gymnastic Bodies Fundamentals
- Poliquin Group program design (current)
Fiona’s main role at Velocity is customer care. Fiona is the smiling face you most often see upon arrival and the voice you often hear on the other end of the phone line. Fiona manages all bookings, can answer your questions regarding memberships, booking times and is our chief of organisation! Fiona has an extensive background in both publishing and in hospitality. Armed with a great skill set and personality, we are very fortunate to have Fiona as part of team Velocity.